Getting Ready for Beyond School Hours XXII
We want you to have the best possible conference experience! The information and links below should answer many of your questions, but if you have any additional inquiries feel free to contact us at 888-977-5437 or firstname.lastname@example.org. While on site, you can visit the BSH registration desk from 7am to 7pm on Wednesday or 7am to 5pm on Thursday and Friday.
Conference Location: Hyatt Regency Atlanta
The Hyatt Regency Atlanta is one of the most distinctive buildings in the city, topped by the blue-domed rotating Polaris restaurant. Located right on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, the Hyatt Regency is a short walk from many of Atlanta’s most popular attractions. With an outdoor pool, sundeck, fitness center, restaurants, and spacious rooms, you can relax and enjoy the hotel’s amenities – or you can hop on the MARTA transit system and explore the city.
Hotel Reservations at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta
If you reserve your room early, you can secure the special Beyond School Hours Conference rate of $199 plus applicable taxes per night for a standard room.
The Hyatt Regency is located ten miles from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), right on the MARTA transit line.
- It is easy to take the MARTA train! Just take the MARTA red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center station. After exiting through the John Portman exit, follow signs for Peachtree Street East. You can head up to street level to walk along Peachtree, or cut through the mall in case of inclement weather; specific directions are available on the MARTA guide website. The MARTA costs $3.50 each direction.
- Uber and Lyft serve Atlanta with a variety of options. You can meet your Uber or Lyft driver in the Rideshare Pick-Up Zone, which is a short walk from baggage claim. After exiting baggage claim toward the Georgia Lottery booth, head downstairs on the escalator. There will be orange signs directing you to the economy lot – which is the site of the Pick-Up Zone. You should request a ride after arriving at the pick-up location.
- UberX can serve up to 4 passengers, while UberXL can seat up to 6. Average prices range from $18-23 for UberX and $35-44 for UberXL, though fares are subject to change based on traffic and availability. Atlanta also offers UberBlack and UberSUV, which employ professional drivers. Visit the Uber website for Atlanta or use their mobile app for a fare quote.
- Lyft also offers two sizes of vehicles. Average prices for a standard Lyft with 4 available seats average between $18-25, while prices for Lyft Plus with up to 6 available seats average between $35-47. Lyft has a website specifically for the Atlanta airport, or you can use their mobile app for a fare quote.
- Taxis are available outside of baggage claim, in the Yellow Bus aisle. All taxis from the airport to downtown Atlanta charge a flat rate which is currently $30, with an additional $2 charge for each additional person.
Overnight guests at the Hyatt Regency who booked through the BSH conference block can park in the hotel’s underground garage for the discounted rate of $23 a night with in and out privileges over the event dates of February 16-26, 2019 (normally $40). There is no self-service parking at the hotel.
Self-service parking is available off-property at the nearby SunTrust Plaza parking garage, located at 31 Baker Street NE. Hotel guests receive a discounted rate at this covered garage, one block from the Hyatt Regency. The current rate is $20 a day, with no in and out privileges.
What to Wear:
- Indoors: Conference attire is business casual. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking around the Hyatt.
- Outdoors: The average high for Atlanta in February is 57°, and the average low is 37°. Before you pack, check the latest forecasts on www.weather.com.
- ID Badges/Access: You must wear your valid BSH conference ID badge at all times. Only credentialed participants will have access to BSH functions, meals, site visits, and all other venues.
- Schedule of Events: Customize your conference experience to meet your professional development needs! Choose from our many workshops titles and times, as well as other special events.
- Registration: You can check into the conference at the BSH registration desk from 7am to 7pm on Wednesday or 7am to 5pm on Thursday or Friday. Registration lines are sorted by last name.
- Opening Reception: Don’t miss our legendary opening night reception! This year’s kickoff party is from 6pm to 8pm on Wednesday evening. Join us for an unforgettable evening of music, food, drinks, prizes, and networking with colleagues from across the country.
- Meals: BSH will provide continental breakfast on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings. Plated lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday at General Sessions. Other meals are on your own.
- Check In/Out: You may check into your room at 3pm on the day of your reservation. Check-out time is 12pm on your departure day.
- Guestroom Amenities: All rooms booked at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta through the Beyond School Hours conference block include complimentary guestroom and common area Wi-Fi, HD flat screen television, cable movie channels, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, and alarm clock.
- Business Center: The Hyatt Regency has a business center with a full service FedEx office. Services are available from 7am to 7pm on weekdays or 8am to 1pm on Saturday.
- Hotel Key Cards: Be aware that your hotel key cards can get demagnetized when placed near your cell phone, credit cards, or magnets. If your key does not work, visit the front desk and present identification to get it re-issued.
- Restaurants & Lounges: Ask at the concierge desk or the BSH registration desk for a list of nearby restaurants. The Hyatt Regency also offers amazing restaurants, lounges, and on-the-go eateries on-site for every craving, including the iconic rotating Polaris restaurant at the top of the hotel.