Getting Ready for Beyond School Hours XXI
To help you have the best conference experience possible, we’ve compiled helpful information and links below. If you have any questions leading up to the conference, just contact us at 888-977-5437 or email@example.com. Or, while on site, visit the BSH registration desk from 7 am to 7 pm on Wednesday, or 7 am to 5 pm on Thursday or Friday.
Conference Location: Caribe Royale Orlando
The Beyond School Hours® XXI National Education Conference will be held at the Caribe Royale Orlando, the largest all-suite convention hotel in Florida. Nestled in a lush, tropical setting, the Caribe Royale offers spacious rooms and desirable amenities all conveniently located near Orlando’s most popular attractions. Enjoy the pool, spa, fitness center, restaurants and lounges, and pool bar and grill. Take a Beyond School Hours bus to Disney Springs shopping area in the evening.
Hotel Reservations at the Caribe Royale Orlando
It is recommended that you secure your room early at the special Beyond School Hours Conference rate of $199 per night per room plus tax.
- Important: The special BSH rate of $199 per night per room plus tax includes the required hotel resort fee of approximately $20/night only when booked through the Beyond School Hours website.
- To book your room: Follow the link at the end of your attendee registration process. Or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page – Travel/Lodging for complete instructions and links for booking your room, based on payment method of credit card or purchase order/check.
The Caribe Royale is 16 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO).
- The Caribe’s recommended shuttle provider is Maingate Transportation. Pre-paid reservations are required online by visiting www.maingatetaxi.com or calling 407-390-0000, press 0. The one-way fee is $68 for up to 4 people.
- Mears Taxi Service is also available from the airport by visiting the taxi stand one level below baggage claim, on the ground level. Reservations are not required. Estimated taxi fare is $47 one-way. Questions? Call 407-422-2222.
- Uber also serves Orlando with its Uber X and UberXL services. One-way fares range from approximately $20 to $50, yet can vary significantly with traffic and availability. Visit the Uber website for Orlando or use their mobile app to get a fare quote.
The Caribe Royale Orlando provides complimentary self-parking for attendees who have booked lodging in the Beyond School Hours Conference room block.
For all other BSH attendees, the Caribe offers on-site self-parking for $8 per day, plus tax. Valet parking is available for $9 per day, plus tax/Day Guest and $12 per night, plus tax/Overnight Guest.
Area Attractions, Tickets & Transportation
Planning your leisure time “beyond” conference hours? Caribe’s concierge desk is eager to assist you and your family. Operated by Expedia Local Expert, the concierge is your one-stop shop for everything from restaurant lists to the best deals on tickets for local parks and attractions. All tickets are gate-ready, which means there is no need for you to wait in any line to activate a confirmation number. Transportation can also be arranged at the Expedia Local Expert concierge desk upon your arrival.
Helpful materials from your Expedia Local Expert Concierge at the Caribe Royale Orlando:
What to Wear:
- Indoors: Conference attire is business casual. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. The Caribe Royale property is large so you will do a lot of walking.
- Outdoors: The average high temperature for Orlando in February is 73°F, and the average low is 50°F. Check www.weather.com before you pack for a more accurate forecast.
- ID Badges/Access: You must wear your valid BSH conference ID badge at all times. Only credentialed participants will have access to BSH functions, meals, workshops, site visits, excursions, and all other venues.
- Schedule of Events: Plan your customized conference experience. Choose from our many workshops titles and times, and other special events. Read More
- Registration: You can check into the conference at the BSH Registration desk from 7 am to 7 pm on Wednesday, or 7 am to 5 pm on Thursday or Friday. Registration lines are organized by last name.
- Opening Reception: Don’t miss our famous opening night reception from 6 to 8 pm on Wednesday evening. Our live band will serve up an unforgettable evening in which you can enjoy food, drinks, prizes, and networking with your colleagues from across the country.
- Meals: BSH will provide continental breakfast on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings. Plated lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday at General Sessions. Other meals are on your own.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Visit our convenient FAQ page for other helpful information or contact us at 888-977-5437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check In/Out: You may check in to your room at 4 pm on your day of reservation. Check-out time is 11 am on your departure day.
- Guestroom Amenities: All rooms booked at the Caribe Royale through the Beyond School Hours conference block include: complimentary in-room wireless internet for up to 2 devices, flat-screen TV, hair dryer, alarm clock, ironing board, in-room safe, and coffee maker/tea service.
- Business Center: The Caribe Royale features a full-service UPS Store® as well as a self-service business center, with shipping and receiving services available.
- Hotel Key Cards: Be aware that your hotel key cards can get demagnetized when placed near your cell phone, credit cards, or magnets. If your key does not work, visit the front desk and present identification to get it re-issued.
- Restaurants & Lounges: Ask at the concierge desk or the BSH registration desk for a list of nearby restaurants. The Caribe Royale also offers amazing restaurants, lounges and on-the go eateries on-site for every craving, as well as a poolside bar and grill. Learn More
Amazing customer service is always on Patti’s menu.
Director, Event Planning and Executive Services, Foundations, Inc.
Photo: DISTRITO, Moorestown, NJ
Area Attractions, Tickets & Transportation
Planning your leisure time “beyond” conference hours? Caribe’s concierge desk is eager to assist you and your family.
Operated by Expedia Local Expert, the concierge is your one-stop shop for everything from restaurant lists to the best deals on tickets for local parks and attractions.
All tickets are gate-ready, which means there is no need for you to wait in any line to activate a confirmation number. Transportation can also be arranged at the Expedia Local Expert concierge desk upon your arrival.