Getting Ready for Beyond School Hours XXIII
We want you to have the best possible conference experience! The information and links below should answer many of your questions, but if you have any additional inquiries feel free to contact us at 888-977-5437 or BSH@foundationsinc.org. While on site, you can visit the BSH registration desk from 7am to 7pm on Wednesday or 7am to 5pm on Thursday and Friday.
Conference Location: Caribe Royale Resort
The Caribe Royale Resort is the largest all-suite convention hotel in Florida. With a $125 million renovation and newly awarded AAA’s coveted 4-diamond rating, the Caribe Royale is better than ever. Nestled in a lush, tropical setting, the Caribe Royale offers spacious rooms and desirable amenities all conveniently located near Orlando’s most popular attractions. Enjoy the pools, spa, fitness center, restaurants and lounges, and pool bar and grill. Take a Beyond School Hours bus to Disney Springs or Universal CityWalk shopping area in the evening.
Hotel Reservations at the Caribe Royale Orlando
Important: The special BSH rate of $219 per night per room plus tax includes the required hotel resort fee of $25/night only when booked through the Beyond School Hours block. Rooms booked through the Beyond School Hours block will also receive discounted parking ($10/night instead of $18/night).
The Caribe Royale is 17 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO).
- Uber and Lyft serve Orlando with a variety of options. You can meet your Uber or Lyft driver outside of baggage claim. You should request a ride after arriving at the pick-up location.
- UberX can serve up to 4 passengers, while UberXL can seat up to 6. Average price is around $34 for UberX and $49 for UberXL, though fares are subject to change based on traffic and availability. Orlando also offers UberBlack, which employs professional drivers. Visit the Uber website for Orlando or use their mobile app for a fare quote.
- Lyft also offers two sizes of vehicles. Average prices for a standard Lyft with 4 available seats average between $29-39, while prices for Lyft XL with up to 6 available seats average between $47-51. Lyft has a website specifically for the Orlando airport, or you can use their mobile app for a fare quote.
Overnight guests at the Caribe Royale Orlando who booked through the BSH conference block can use self-parking at a discounted rate of $10 plus tax, per vehicle, per day. For all other guests, self-parking is $18 plus tax, per vehicle, per day. There is also valet parking available. For day guests, the valet rate is $23 plus tax, per vehicle, per day. For overnight guests, the valet rate is $24 plus tax, per vehicle, per night.
What to Wear:
- Indoors: Conference attire is business casual. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking around the Caribe.
- Outdoors: The average high for Orlando in February is 75°, and the average low is 56°. Before you pack, check the latest forecasts on www.weather.com.
- ID Badges/Access: You must wear your valid BSH conference ID badge at all times. Only credentialed participants will have access to BSH functions, meals, site visits, and all other venues.
- Schedule of Events: Customize your conference experience to meet your professional development needs! Choose from our many workshops titles and times, as well as other special events.
- Registration: You can check into the conference at the BSH registration desk from 7am to 7pm on Wednesday or 7am to 5pm on Thursday or Friday.
- Opening Reception: Don’t miss our legendary opening night reception! This year’s 25th anniversary celebration and kickoff party is from 6pm to 8pm on Wednesday evening. Join us for an unforgettable evening of music, food, drinks, prizes, and networking with colleagues from across the country.
- Meals: BSH will provide continental breakfast on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings. Lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday at General Sessions. Other meals are on your own.
- Check In/Out: You may check into your room at 4pm on the day of your reservation. Check-out time is 11am on your departure day.
- Guestroom Amenities: All rooms booked at the Caribe Royale Resort through the Beyond School Hours conference block include complimentary in-room Wi-Fi for up to 2 devices, HD flat screen television, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, in-room safe, and alarm clock.
- Business Center: The Caribe Royale has a business center with a full service UPS Store. Services are available from 7:30am to 6pm on weekdays or 9am to 3pm on weekends. For more information, call 407-238-8436 or click here.
- Hotel Key Cards: Be aware that your hotel key cards can get demagnetized when placed near your cell phone, credit cards, or magnets. If your key does not work, visit the front desk and present identification to get it re-issued.
- Restaurants & Lounges: Ask at the concierge desk or the BSH registration desk for a list of nearby restaurants. The Caribe Royale also offers amazing restaurants, lounges, and on-the-go eateries on-site for every craving, including a poolside bar and grill.
Contact us at BSH@foundationsinc.org or 888-977-5437.