Panel: Not Just Fun and Games!
Featured Panel Session
Not Just Fun & Games!
Social-Emotional Learning in Afterschool
Thursday, February 21, 2019 | 1:45 pm to 3:00 pm
Experts in child play, character building, and resource development come together in this panel to discuss how to improve afterschool programming. By expanding the network of Social-Emotional Learning initiatives into the afterschool space, we can help children and youth synthetize key values like empathy and compassion. By using play as the vehicle for important messages, we can create a more meaningful and enriching experience for the students in our programs.
Director of Field Outreach, Afterschool Alliance
Senior Director of Content, PBS KIDS
Senior TA Consultant, American Institutes for Research
Executive Director, Playworks Georgia
President and CEO, Coaching Corps
- Accelerated Training
- A Conversation with Jodi Grant
- Perspectives from the Field Talk Show
- Panel: Supporting Parent Success: The Key Ingredient to Closing the Literacy Gap
- Panel: Not Just Fun and Games!
- Panel: Going Off the Grid
- Movie Screening: Paper Tigers
- Grand Finale: Connection Circuit
- Pre-Conference: Leadership Institute
- Pre-Conference: 21st CCLC Session
- Pre-Conference: Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
- Pre-Conference: Site Visits