Live from Orlando, It’s BSH XXI!
Casting Call: Presenters Wanted
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
You’re good enough. You’re smart enough. And doggone it, people like you.
All the more reason to share your expertise live at Beyond School Hours XXI.
We’re seeking exceptional presenters who can captivate crowds with engaging workshops. Specifically, presenters who explore best practices and cutting-edge issues related to the healthy academic, social and emotional development of children and youth.
Presentations can address before- and after-school, extended day, community-based and summer learning opportunities, as well as workforce development, higher education and field-building research.
- The Results Are In! Sessions focused on how to use data to showcase student achievements, drive positive change, build high quality programs, assess progress, and plan staff development. Learn more
- Grade-Level Reading & Literacy in the Spotlight Sessions focused on building the strong language and literacy skills critical to the success of students from kindergarten through high school, college and career. Learn more
- A Live Look at STEM and Project-Based Learning Sessions exploring specific content areas focused on building meaningful skills to prepare youth for the future. Learn more
- Family & Community Take Center Stage Sessions examining trending topics in social justice, community engagement, and issues affecting rural and urban communities as they apply to family engagement. Learn more
- A Close-up on Youth Development Sessions that focus on promoting the well-being of all children and youth as well as preparing them for the future. Learn more
Don’t miss this chance to put your work in the spotlight at America’s most popular education conference, reaching a national audience of practitioners, supervisors, directors and policymakers.
Tips for Getting Air Time
Just like education features a revolving cast of characters, multiple moving parts and unrehearsed interactions, we believe professional development should feel unscripted and come full of surprises.
Our reviewers will give priority to lively, interactive presentations that:
- Use resources and technology in unexpected ways
- Draw ideas from outside the education/OST community
- Deliver “must see” results for a wider audience
- Involve flexible programs and real-time adaptability
We also welcome innovative and unusual formats for your sessions. Are you ready to make a lasting impression?
- Is the workshop appropriate for the target audience?
- Is the content relevant to current education priorities, issues, and trends?
- Will the workshop actively engage participants in hands-on learning and interactivity between presenter and the audience as well as among small groups of audience members?
- Does the workshop support the conference strands?
- Will the workshop content and materials provide participants with new methods, practices, or creative and innovative ideas for their programs?
- Will the workshop include tools and resources that participants can take back and use right away in their own programs?
Should your application be accepted, please be aware of the following costs associated with presenting at Beyond School Hours:
- Lead presenter registration fee: $289
- Co-presenter registration fee: $559
- Audiovisual: Presenters are responsible, at their sole cost and expense, for providing, or making arrangements directly with the PSAV Audiovisual Services to provide LCD projectors, laptops, overheads, microphones, and any other technology, equipment, supplies, and/or materials needed to conduct their presentations. Presenters can rent equipment, if needed, by filling out a rental form directly with PSAV. This form will be available on the Beyond School Hours website in fall 2017. (Foundations provides a complimentary screen and power cord in each presentation room.)
- Other: Presenters are responsible for their lodging, flights, and all other incidentals.
- Presenter applications due: June 30, 2017
- Decision and notification by selection committee: November 10, 2017 at latest
Presenter Application Form
Thank you for your interest in presenting at Beyond School Hours® XXI. Please complete all fields accurately. The information you provide will appear in conference publications.