Expect to Connect at BSHXXII: Presenters Wanted!Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
You’re good enough. You’re smart enough. And doggone it, people like you.
All the more reason to share your expertise live at Beyond School Hours XXII.
We’re seeking exceptional presenters who can captivate crowds with engaging workshops. Specifically, presenters who explore best practices and cutting-edge issues related to the healthy academic, social and emotional development of children and youth.
Presentations can address before- and after-school, extended day, community-based and summer learning opportunities, as well as workforce development, higher education and field-building research.
- Diving Deep: Trauma-Informed Practice Included in this strand are topics that focus on how trauma-informed practice can improve opportunities for success for our most vulnerable children and families. Interactive sessions will offer strategies and tools applicable in all settings where children live and learn. Learn more
- Cultivating the Power of Curiosity with STEM and PBL Included in this strand are topics exploring science, technology, engineering, and math content areas using hands-on and experiential learning. Learn more
- Moving the Needle: Grade Level Reading Included in this strand are sessions focused on practices and strategies that help children and families build strong language, literacy, and writing skills. Sessions may also address how to build literacy skills across multiple content areas. Learn more
- Creating Program Pride: Organization and Community Culture Included in this strand are sessions that examine how programs can create a system of shared assumptions, values, beliefs, and protocols that contribute to overall student success, staff buy-in, and school, family, and community engagement. Learn more
- Connecting the Dots: Data-Based Decision Making Included in this strand are topics that focus on using data to showcase student achievement, drive positive change, build high quality programs, assess progress, and plan staff development. Learn more
- Guiding the Way: Character Development Education Included in this strand are topics focused on learning strategies and processes that help students understand and demonstrate core ethical values such as respect, justice, civic virtue, citizenship, and responsibility for themselves and each other in school and in the community. Learn more
Don’t miss this chance to put your work in the spotlight at America’s most popular education conference, reaching a national audience of practitioners, supervisors, directors and policymakers.Complete Strand Descriptions
Some Helpful Tips for Applicants
Our reviewers will give priority to lively, hands-on, interactive presentations that:
- Use resources and technology in unexpected ways
- Draw ideas from outside the education/OST community
- Deliver “must see” results for a wider audience
- Involve flexible programs and real-time adaptability
- Incorporate established best practices and current trends in education
We also welcome innovative and unusual formats for your sessions. Are you ready to make a lasting impression?
- Is the workshop appropriate for the target audience?
- Is the content relevant to current education priorities, issues, and trends?
- Will the workshop actively engage participants in hands-on learning and interactivity between presenter and the audience as well as among small groups of audience members?
- Does the workshop support the conference strands?
- Will the workshop content and materials provide participants with new methods, practices, or creative and innovative ideas for their programs?
- Will the workshop include tools and resources that participants can take back and use right away in their own programs?
Should your application be accepted, please be aware of the following costs associated with presenting at Beyond School Hours:
- Lead presenter registration fee: $294
- Co-presenter registration fee: $564
- Audiovisual: Presenters are responsible, at their sole cost and expense, for providing, or making arrangements directly with the PSAV Audiovisual Services to provide LCD projectors, laptops, overheads, microphones, and any other technology, equipment, supplies, and/or materials needed to conduct their presentations. Presenters can rent equipment, if needed, by filling out a rental form directly with PSAV. This form will be available on the Beyond School Hours website in fall 2018. (Foundations provides a complimentary screen and power cord in each presentation room.)
- Other: Presenters are responsible for their lodging, flights, and all other incidentals.
- Presenter applications due: June 30, 2018
- Decision and notification by selection committee: November 10, 2018 at latest
Presenter Application Form
Thank you for your interest in presenting at Beyond School Hours® XXII. Please complete all fields carefully. If you are selected as a presenter, the information you provide here will appear in conference publications.